Petrikirche
Petrikirche
The neo-Gothic-style Petrikirche, located on Wilhelmsplatz, serves as a place of worship for Herford's Protestant Reformed congregation.
It is the first church building in the city to be erected as a Protestant church. The Petri parish is the only Protestant Reformed parish in the church district of Herford. The congregation was initially quite small. The first services were still held in private homes, then in the Augustinian church in Brüderstraße and from 1800 in the Wolderus Chapel. This had been given to the reformed congregation by the last abbess. Due to the influx of people from neighboring Lippe, the congregation grew considerably around 1900, so that the Petrikirche was built in 1901.
Good to know
Openings
Payment methods
- Entrance Free
Directions & Parking facilities
- Located in the old town of Herford, the Petrikirche is within easy walking distance. It is only 500 m from Herford train station. By car, you can park in the Elsbach Areal parking garage, for example, which is also 500 m away on foot.
License (master data)
Tourist-Information Herford, Pro Herford



















