In 1434, the Benedictines moved the Mauritius monastery from the Werder on the right bank of the Weser to the Simeoniskirche, which was subsequently extended with a choir. From 1464, the convent then built its own church to the north. Fundamental restoration work was carried out at the end of the 19th century.
A new tower on the north side replaced the half-timbered tower in the west in 1911. The Benedictine Heinrich Traphagen from the Mauritius monastery preached the first Protestant sermon in 1529, thereby initiating the Reformation in Minden. During the Prussian era, St. Simeonis became a garrison church (until 1945).